Tuesday, March 20, 2012

An Abstract Art Cardboard Box Mural


Art Note: Abstract art comes naturally on a Cardboard box as it has pre-folded creases. When flatten and spread into a mat. The child can identify shapes like squares and rectangles made by cross sections of the box. I have noticed that whenever I had given a cube to my daughter she always paints each side with different color. This is a process oriented art project we did at home today.

If you missed my recent post about 1 Box, 1Week and Many ways to play. I should give you a quick recap. We were doing Fun things with the noble box who brought us goodies from a far away land. The box which we didn't want to throw in trash.
Day1, Day2: It was laying unnoticed in one corner.
Day3 : We made it into a matching pair puzzle.
Day 4: We carried toys around the house in the box.
Day 5: We made a Play City by spreading it flat.
Read the post here
Today on Day 6, we cleared the contents of our city. Thinking of it as a large canvas, I offered some paints to M and ask her to paint anything she want. Three Natural Arty Things happened-

1) Pattern and Colors came out so naturally.

The box lids had sections from the matching puzzle that we made with it. M decides to paint the squares( made from the square sections form the puzzle box) with different colors. She was determined to color the whole mat and divided sections. Our roads from the city( made from masking tapes) made random sections too.




2) The Tape Resist

After she was done with all the squares and rectangles. We removed the masking tape to give clear edges to her squares and rectangles. We had done some experimenting with tape resist here



3) Inspiring Art by Piet Mondrian
This abstract wall mural made me think of Great works of Piet Mondrian. Piet Mondrian Painting consisted of white ground, upon which was painted a grid of vertical and horizontal black lines and the three primary colors. The
Here is a great art by Piet Mondrian


This post is linked to all places mentioned here.

23 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love the surface of cardboard for painting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you stopping by and commenting. I am feeling motivated to do so much more:)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Melissa. The cardboard surface is fantastic to paint on! My daughter was so determine to complete her artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  4. Oh love this! We have a Mondrian inspired tape resist on our to do list for this week! I am on the hunt for black tape as we speak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charlotte. I just discovered it along the way! Glad you liked it:)

      Delete
  5. That's awesome that she came up with painting square sections like that all on her own! Mondrian is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was amazed by the natural sections of color she came up with. Mondrian is the greatest!! thanks for sharing your views. They mean a lot to me.

      Delete
  6. How very artistic and educational all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and taking time in commenting at this ost. This is one of the artwork most close to my heart!

      Delete
  7. I feel the color coordination, separating one square color from another, its all a part of her and says so much about her, see how she has repeatedly placed yellow with purple and green with blue, wont it be interesting if you'd try and see if this trend crops up again....but mostly that M is enjoying these hours with you and i'm so happy in wishing that she would fondly remember this time all her life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wonderful observation and wishes. One of my friend Cris from Spain has mentioned in her blog- " looking back I want my daughter to feel that I was a mother who had time to play" I wish my daughter feels the same way.

      Delete
  8. I love bringing real art to kids, this is fantastic!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy & Alissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggy, I really appreciate you stopping by and leave a note. Glad you like it.

      Delete
  9. I just love this!! I am going to pin this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebekah, You are most welcome to pin!

      Delete
  10. I love this! Thanks so much for sharing with Tuesday Tots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mansi..I just accidently stumbled upon your blog and i was happily surprised to find posts related to creativity and art. And then i read "graphic designer mom". This looks like so much fun. i must read up your other posts at ease. I am a designer mom of a two year old and I blog here
    http://peerlessarcher.blogspot.in/2011/11/washing-machine-house.html
    once in a blue moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment. Went through your blog. Some lovely pictures there! I will read your blog at ease. Thanks again!

      Delete
  12. I feel the color coordination, separating one square color from another, its all a part of her and says so much about her, see how she has repeatedly placed yellow with purple and green with blue, wont it be interesting. Cardboard boxes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really useful blogs and very interesting and I do have a son who is 2 yrs old and I can also teach him to do these.

    ReplyDelete

Share your View

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Welcome to Experimenting Mom. If you are new to the blog. You Can follow us on Facebook and Pinterest to get updates on the fun activities we feature!